Extened Abstract Submission
iCMA 2018 accepts oral and poster presentations now.
Click on “Procedure for paper submission” to see the procedure of a paper submission.
Please click the Submission button below and upload the extended abstract of your oral/post Presentations.
Note : If you are not previously registered with Microsoft Conference Management Service, first complete the simple registration by selecting “Sign up here”
|Deadline for extended abstract Submission||30th May 2018 (Extended)|
|Announcement of acceptance||30th June 2018|
|Deadline for submission of camera ready copy||15th July 2018|
|Deadline for early bird Registration||15th August 2018|
Guidelines for preparing and submission of Abstracts
By submitting an abstract the authors confirm that their abstract represents original previously unpublished work and if accepted, at least one of the authors should register for the conference and present the paper.
(A) GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
- Abstracts should report original research.
- Documents that do not conform to the guidelines will be rejected.
- If abstracts included in the proceedings of the iCMA 2018 are not presented, the Corresponding Author will not be allowed to present any paper at the iCMA for a period of three years, unless reasons for not presenting have been accepted by iCMA organizing committee. The Head of the Institution in which the work was carried out will also be informed by iCMA of the non-presentation of the paper.
- All submissions based on human or animal research should attach a certified copy of the letter of ethics approval issued by an Ethics Review Committee. Upload such letters as SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIAL
- Documents received after the given deadline (15th May 2018 (Extended)), due to any reason will not be accepted unless the deadline is extended.
(B) INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
Soft copies of following documents are requested to be uploaded (Extended Abstract to SUBMISSION FILE and rest documents to SUPPLEMENTARY MATERIAL).
- Extended Abstract
- Declaration form
- Ethical approval (if applicable)
2) BASIC FORMAT FOR ALL DOCUMENTS:
- Paper size and Orientation: A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- All margins except left: 1”. Left margin: 1.25”. Gutter : 00
- Font: Times New Roman (for English) / FM Abhaya (for Sinhala), 11 points; Line spacing: 1, one column of text.
- No Header or Footer except 15 mm Footer for page numbering
- Font type and size: Times New Roman 14
- Centered text in bold
- Upper case
- Abstract titles should be short, but descriptive. Informative titles, indicating key points are encouraged. Abbreviations should not be used in the title. Scientific names must be in Italic.
- Font type and size: Times New Roman 11
- Affiliations should be indicated with superscript Arabic numbers appearing at the end of surname / family name.
- A superscript asterisk shout be used for the corresponding author
- Names of affiliations should be given including the country.
- If there is more than one name and address, they should be related by superscript numbers.
Surname INITIALS1 and Surname INITIALS2*
Email address of the corresponding author
Paragraph – Justified, No indent, No extra spacing before or after, No special effects
Keywords – 11 points. “Keywords:” is bold and italic. Other keywords should be italic.
Insert – Picture – Yes, for Figure and Table (Maximum 2)
Insert -Text Box – Yes, for Figure or Table titles, if any. (Maximum 2)
Format – Text Box – Layout – Wrapping style = Square, Horizontal alignment = Left or Right
Flow-charts – Inside a Text Box and letter size of 10 –12 pt.
3) EXTENDED ABSTRACT
- Extended abstract (word limit 1100 (abstract 300 words including 5 keywords + introduction to acknowledgement 800 words); maximum 05 pages; page numbers should be included)
- Should consist of the following sections:
- Introduction (with objectives)
- Discussion (or R & D combined)
- Conclusions (if relevant)
- References (Max 5)
- Acknowledgement (if relevant)
- The abstract should be one paragraph with a word limit of 200-300 including 5 keywords. Please do not include subheadings.
- Acronyms should be written in full the first time, mentioned in the text, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- Always follow SI Units. Please refer to the website – www.bipm.fr/enus/3_SI/si.html or a latest edition of a relevant text
- There shall be no citations or references in the abstract.
- One table, a set of mathematical formulae and /or one scientific illustration prepared (generated electronically) could be included only if essential. Graphics and photographs (scanned) could be included only if essential. Chemical structures and / or reactions could be given. All these should be with the sub-title and a relevant description or caption below the item.
Tables (maximum of 2) should have a caption on top and be numbered using Arabic numerals.
- Acknowledgements should be restricted to funding agencies/institutions and should be in the form “Acknowledgement: Financial assistance by ………… Research grant (number).” Names of individuals should not be given.
- References: Include only a few essential references. The following format should be used:
Name(s) of author(s), year within parenthesis, Title of the journal in italics, volume in bold face, page number(s)
Eg: Ranasinghe, D.M.S.H.K. and Mayhead, G.J. (1991), Dry Matter Content and its Distribution in an Age Series of Eucalyptus camaldulensisPlantations in Sri Lanka, Forest Ecology and Management 41, (137‑142)