To be eligible for admission to the MBA and MSc programs, an applicant must possess one of the following qualifications and a good working knowledge of English:
- A Special Bachelor’s Degree with a class standing in Business Administration/ Public Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/ Accountancy/ Finance/ Estate Management and Valuation/ Business Economics/ Operations Management/ Management Information Systems/ Economics from a recognised university.
- A General Bachelor’s Degree with a First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) standing in any of the above subject areas from a recognised University.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any subject area from a recognised University with three years’ post-qualifying relevant experience.
- A Postgraduate Diploma of not less than one year or Higher Degree in Management Studies from a recognised University.
- A Postgraduate Diploma of not less than one year or Higher Degree in any other field from a recognised University with two years’ relevant experience.
One of the following professional qualifications with three years’ post-qualifying relevant experience.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants (ACA)- Passed Finalist
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) – Passed Finalist
- Association of Chartered & Certified Accountants (ACCA)- Passed Finalist
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) UK- Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) UK- Diploma
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (AIB) Sri Lanka – Diploma
- Institution of Engineers (CIE) UK /Sri Lanka – Associate member or above
- Ceylon Technical College – Higher National Diploma in Accountancy (HNDA) (Four Year Course)
- Ceylon Technical College – Higher National Diploma in Management/ Commerce (HNDM/C) (Four Year Course)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators – Member
- Attorney – at – Law
One of the following professional qualifications with five years’ post-qualifying relevant experience.
- Diploma in Marketing awarded by the Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing (SLIM)
- Professional qualification in Human Resource Management from the Institute of Personnel Management.
Other professional qualifications equivalent to the above may be considered subject to the approval of the Senate.
Duration: Two years
Course Fee: Rs 500,000/-
(60% of the total payment should be paid at the time of registration. Loan facilities can be arranged at concessionary rates for those who require)
- Fill the application online and submit or handover properly filled application with relevant photocopies of the certificates to the Deputy Registrar of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 1,500/- to account number 053010005667 from any People’s Bank branch.
OR Pay online via Visa or MasterCard in LKR.
- After you have made the payment of application fee, upload the following documents to process your application. OR Handover to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Color photograph (Passport size – sky blue background in PNG or JPG format)
- Birth certificate (in PDF format)
- Certified copies of the certificates of Academic / Professional qualification (in PDF format)
- Letter of Release from employer (only for full-time students who are currently employed) – (in PDF format)
- Bank payment receipt (in PDF format) – not applicable for Visa or MasterCard payments
- Documents that certify relevant work experience. (in PDF format)
If you have any issues in applying online, you can download the application manually.
Click here to download the application
Closing date of applications: 13th December 2017 (Extended)
For Further information:
Dr. (Mrs.) Bhadra J. H. Arachchige
Postgraduate Centre for Business Studies
Sri Soratha Mandiraya
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Telephone: +94 11 280 16 16
Ms Kumudu Herath
Faculty of Graduate Studies
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Telephone: +94 11 288 1550