The University of Sri Jayewardenepura is proud to be one of the leading academic establishments to prepare food Scientists –Technologist for local and international food sector. The department of Food science and Technology (DFST) on the main, offers a B.Sc Degree in Food Science and Technology (FST) and a M.Sc in FST and is engaged in disseminating related knowledge and skills to the needy individuals and groups through short term courses.
Presently, applications are invited to select eligible candidates for the enrolment in the Masters of Science Degree Programme in Food Science and Technology conducted by the Faculty of Graduate Studies in collaboration with the DFST.
The M.Sc course (FST) consists of course work, practical classes , assignments and a research component geared towards those already employed in the food sector as Food Technologists, Research Scientists, Academics, Trainers, Food Analysts, QC personnel, Factory Managers, Medical/Scientific Personnel in Nutrition, Food related sectors as above or enhance knowledge on scientific aspects of food resources and their management for better utilization in Business opportunities. Hence, the curriculum has been designed to cater to the needs of different personnel involved in the food industry.
Duration : 2 years
Medium : English
Rs. 450,000/= and this has to be paid in full, prior to the commencement of the course. Applications sponsored by state and private sector or other organizations working in the target food –related areas would be given preference.
Suitable candidates should possess B.Sc Degree with Chemistry as a subject or B.V.Sc., B.A.M.S., M.B.B.S., Chem. Eng. or a Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Paramedic sciences, Nursing or degree including an equivalent qualification from a recognized higher education institution.
- Easily cope up with industry
- High quality theory and practical exposure more helpful to future academics to develop their carrier.
- Certain countries (Ex: Australia) accept the quality of the programme.
- Vast opportunity to develop the carrier as Analysts, Trainers, policy makers, academics, Researchers.
- Enough knowledge can be obtained to start medium and small scale industries.
- Fill the application online and submit.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- to account number 053010005055 from any People’s Bank branch.
OR Pay online via Visa or MasterCard in LKR.
- After you have made the payment of application fee, upload the following documents to process your application. OR Handover to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Color photograph (2” x 2.5” – sky blue background in PNG or JPG format)
- Birth certificate (in PDF format)
- Certified copies of the certificates of Academic / Professional qualification (in PDF format)
- Letter of Release from employer (only for full-time students who are currently employed) – (in PDF format)
- Bank payment receipt (in PDF format) – not applicable for Visa or MasterCard payments
- Documents that certify relevant work experience. (in PDF format)
Closing date of applications: 15th of May 2019
Dr. R. A. U. J. Marapana
M.Sc. Programme in Food Science and Technology
Department of Food Science and Technology
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Phone: +94 718577672
Ms. Sachintha : +94 11 2881557 / Ms Padmini : +94 11 2881550
Faculty of Graduate Studies
University of Sri Jayewardenepura