Postgraduate Certificate Course on Integrated Waste Management started 8th September 2018 at the Seminar Room 2 of Faculty of Graduate Studies. Under the leadership of Senior Professor Hemanthi Ranasinghe Dean of FGS the course has been designed and organized. The course will be conducted 6 months with lectures, interactive sessions, webinars, field visits and will be held on every Saturday.
During the course it has been planned to Create a knowledgeable working professionals/ academicians in institutions, local government authorities and enterprises on integrated waste management, Build competency on technologies and new developments in waste management, Address waste management with a focus on resource efficiency and resource recovery, Link the policies with ground level implementation approaches in waste management so that community relations improve, Skills development in associated professional/ academicians in waste management to include sustainability aspects when designing waste management solutions….etc.
The course will cover following aspects of integrated waste management;
- Organizing for Solid Waste Management
- Technologies for Solid Waste Management
- Handling of Special Wastes
- Designing an Integrated Waste Management System
- Properties and measurement of parameters of waste water
- Primary and secondary treatment of wastewater
- Tertiary treatment of waste water
- Air pollution
- Air Pollution Control Technologies
- Legal/regulatory, Financial and Social implications of waste management
- Practical Project/Examination on Waste Management