- Drama and Theatre
- Mass Communication
- Buddhist Philosophy
- Buddhist Civilization
- philosophy and Psychology
- Cultural and Aesthetic Studies
1.Special Degree in the relevant field with a First Class or Second (Upper Division) from a recognized University.
2. One year Master of Arts in the relevant field from a recognized University.
3. Having Successfully completed the MAQ (Master of Arts Qualifying) examination in the relevant field.
4. Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant field obtained from the University of Sri Jayewardenepura in addition to the fist degree obtained from a recognized University.
A two-year M.A. Degree with a research component in a relevant subject obtained from a recognized university;
Upgrading on the basis of the M.A. first year written examination. Note that a candidate who obtains an average of 60 marks in the written papers at the M.A. examination can be transferred to the M.Phil. programme on:presenting a paper on an approved topic to the satisfaction of the Board of Study.
Professional degree or qualifications acceptable to the Senate and a pass at the qualifying examination.
M.Phil. Degree in a relevant subject.
An upgraded M.Phil. candidate who makes a request and presents two seminar papers on approved topics to the satisfaction of the Board of Study after one year of research.
M.Phil. and Ph.D. candidates are expected to present three and four seminar papers respectively related to the subject area of study before submitting their theses.
The upgraded M.Phil. candidates who have already presented two seminar papers are required to present only two additional seminar papers before submitting the theses for a Ph.D.
The M.Phil. is awarded on the basis of submission of a thesis of approximately 30,000 words and the Ph.D. a thesis of approximately 40,000 words.
- M.A. in Sinhala.
- M.A. in Mass Communication.
- M.A.in Drama and Theatre.
- M.A. in Cultural Studies.
- M.A. in Sanskrit.
- M.A. in Buddhist Civilization.
- M.A. in Buddhist Philosophy.
- M.A.in Philosophy.
- M.A. in Pali.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Writership and Mass Communication.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching English as a Second Language (PG DipTESL).