GIS & REMOTE SENSING M.Sc. PROGRAMME – 2018/2020
(Approved by the University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka)
OFFERED THROUGH DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY
FACULTY OF GRADUATE STUDIES
UNIVERSITY OF SRI JAYEWARDENEPURA
Applications are invited from interested candidates for this innovative and multidisciplinary M.Sc. Degree, packaged with Geographic Information (GIS), Remote Sensing (RS) and related latest Geospatial technologies. It is particularly suitable, if you seek obtaining a broad overview of the subject, with scope for specialization and carrier development in Geoinformatics.
Lectures and Practical Classes are to be conducted on Saturdays and Sundays.
Duration : 02 years
Medium : English
Course Fee : Rs.200, 000/= (The course fee has to be paid in two installments, Rs.100,000/=at the registration and the balance Rs.100,000/= within six months from the registration)
In addition to the above cost, a “Technological Tour” to Bangkok will be organized by the University as a partial fulfillment of the M.Sc. Degree. The tour cost Rs.75,000/= have to be borne by either the respective institution or the student.
Eligibility: A Degree from a Recognized University
Officers in the rank of Captain and above in the Sri Lanka (SL) Army or the Equivalent ranks in the SL Navy and SL Air Force and Officers in the rank of Inspector and above in the SL Police, Who needs Professional training on the Subject area of GIS to effectively conduct specific tasks in their jobs. They should have 15 years of experience after commissioning into the captain in the SL Army or the equivalent ranks in the SL Navy, SL Air Force and Inspectorate in the SL Police.
A good command in both Spoken and Written English.
- Fill the application online and submit or handover properly filled application with relevant photocopies of the certificates to the Deputy Registrar of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 1,000/- to account number 053010005063 from any People’s Bank branch.
OR Pay online via Visa or MasterCard in LKR.
- After you have made the payment of application fee, upload the following documents to process your application OR Handover to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Color photograph (Passport size – sky blue background in PNG or JPG format)
- Birth certificate (in PDF format)
- Certified copies of the certificates of Academic / Professional qualification (in PDF format)
- Letter of Release from employer (only for full-time students who are currently employed) – (in PDF format)
- Bank payment receipt (in PDF format) – not applicable for Visa or MasterCard payments
- Documents that certify relevant work experience. (in PDF format)
Closing date of applications: 15th August 2018
Course Commencement: 06th October 2018
Prof. R.M.K. Ratnayake (Coordinator)
Department of Geography,
University of Sri Jayewardenepura,
P.O. Box 6, Gangodawila, Sri Lanka
Tel: +94 11 2802028/ 0112758753 Mobile +914 714439296
Mrs. Manjula Lokumanage
Faculty of Graduate Studies
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Registrar, University of Sri Jayewardenepura